And to add yet more, re: usage of Connect. You're right that the custom
websocket API would require a custom connector. I'd still suggest
considering it, it takes care of all the Kafka pieces for you so all you
need to do is write the WebSocket API adapter. For the database side,
custom schemas aren't a problem. Database connectors should be agnostic to
the schema (e.g. see Confluent's JDBC source connector which can copy
arbitrary tables:
http://docs.confluent.io/3.0.0/connect/connect-jdbc/docs/index.html)

-Ewen

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Avi Flax <avi.f...@parkassist.com> wrote:

> On 6/3/16, 05:24, "Michael Noll" <mich...@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> > If you are using the DSL, you can use the `process()` method to "do
> > whatever you want".
>
> Ah, perfect — thank you!
>
> > Alternatively, you can also use the low-level Processor API directly.
> > Here, you'd implement the `Processor` interface, where the most notable
> > method is (again) a method called `process()`.
>
> Good to know, but when practical I prefer to use the DSL.
>
> Thanks so much, have a great weekend!
>
> Avi
>
> Software Architect @ Park Assist » We’re hiring!

Ewen