Hi Harsha,

Are you saying that you are aware of many Kafka users still using Java 7
who would be ready to upgrade to the next Kafka feature release (whatever
that version number is) before they can upgrade to Java 8?

The 0.10.1 versus 0.11.0.0 is something that can be discussed separately as
no decision has been made on what the next version will be (we did go
straight from 0.9.0 to 0.10.0 whereas the 0.8.x series had multiple minor
releases). Also note that Kafka bug fixes go to 0.10.0.1, not 0.10.1 and
0.10.0.x would still be available for users using Java 7.

Ismael