Thanks. We will give it a shot.

On 6/19/19, 12:42 PM, "Bruno Cadonna" <br...@confluent.io> wrote:

    Hi Mohan,

    I realized that my previous statement was not clear. With a grace
    period of 12 hour, suppress would wait for late events until stream
    time has advanced 12 hours before a result would be emitted.

    Best,
    Bruno

    On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 9:21 PM Bruno Cadonna <br...@confluent.io> wrote:

    > Hi Mohan,
    >
    > if you do not set a grace period, the grace period defaults to 12
    > hours. Hence, suppress would wait for an event that occurs 12 hour
    > later before it outputs a result. Try to explicitly set the grace
    > period to 0 and let us know if it worked.
    >
    > If it still does not work, upgrade to version 2.2.1 if it is possible
    > for you. We had a couple of bugs in suppress recently that are fixed
    > in that version.
    >
    > Best,
    > Bruno
    >
    > On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 8:37 PM Parthasarathy, Mohan <mpart...@hpe.com>
wrote:

    > > No, I have not set any grace period. Is that mandatory ? Have you seen
problems with suppress and windows expiring ?

    > > Thanks
    > > Mohan
    > >
    > > On 6/19/19, 12:41 AM, "Bruno Cadonna" <br...@confluent.io> wrote:
    > >
    > >     Hi Mohan,
    > >
    > >     Did you set a grace period on the window?
    > >
    > >     Best,
    > >     Bruno
    > >
    > >     On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 2:04 AM Parthasarathy, Mohan
<mpart...@hpe.com> wrote:
    > >     >
    > >     > On further debugging, what we are seeing is that windows are
expiring rather randomly as new messages are being processed. . We tested with
new key for every new message. We waited for the window time before replaying
new messages. Sometimes a new message would come in and create state. It takes
several messages to make some of the old windows to be closed (go past suppress
to the next stage). We have also seen where one of them never closed even but
several other older ones expired.  Then we explicitly sent a message with the
same old key and then it showed up. Also, for every new message, only one of
the previous window expires even though there are several pending.
    > >     >
    > >     > If we don't use suppress, then there is never an issue. With
suppress, the behavior we are seeing is weird. We are using 2.1.0 version in
DSL mode. Any clues on what we could be missing ? Why isn't there an order in
the way windows are closed ? As event time progresses by the new messages
arriving, the older ones should expire. Is that right understanding or not ?
    > >     >
    > >     > Thanks
    > >     > Mohan
    > >     >
    > >     > On 6/17/19, 3:43 PM, "Parthasarathy, Mohan" <mpart...@hpe.com>
wrote:
    > >     >
    > >     >     Hi,
    > >     >
    > >     >     We are using suppress in the application. We see some state
being created at some point in time. Now there is no new data for a day or two.
We send new data but the old window of data (where we see the state being
created) is not closing i.e not seeing it go through suppress and on to the
next stage. It is as though the state created earlier was purged. Is this
possible ?