Thanks, Peter for the quick response.

You may need to enable unclean leader election, as well. - We already set
unclean leader election to true. Unfortunately both brokers went down
within 10 minutes of time. Another option is to increase the replication
factor to 3 from 2. Right now the goal is to have no offline partitions in
a cluster.

Is your goal just to have no offline partitions or to recover the data
contained in the affected partition? - Our goal is to have no offline
partitions. We are fine with losing the data of affected partition.

--Senthil