**>Subject: Chinese Characters
**>From: Chew Choon Keat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**>Date: 03 Jun 2003 13:33:20 +0800
**>
**>Hi all,
**>
**>I'll apologise first as I know this question must've popped up and
**>answered somewhere, however all the links I found were broken (e.g.
**>http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg01599.html)
**>
**>I've Kannel setup with CIMD2, it is receiving chinese input from mobiles
**>(I observe "&coding=2&charset=binary&udh=").
**>
**>However, I tried to retrieved the binary message and send it back to the
**>mobile via Kannel,
**>http://... &coding=2&charset=binary&udh=&msg=Y%7DN%BAf%2Fb%11
**>
**>The phone won't display. Anyone knows the correct parameters to send
**>chinese SMS?
**>
**>Help is much appreciated!

Try setting the "coding" to 3 (DC_UCS2), eliminating the "charset"
specification, and changing "msg" to "text":
  http://...&coding=3&text=Y%7DN%BAf%2Fb%11

Also, make sure this is a HTTP GET and not a HTTP POST.  Kannel
doesn't seem to parse the URL arguments when it receives a POST.

See ya...

d.c.