On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 08:37 +0000, Ben Suffolk wrote:
> Not sure about this, I think maybe if it was delivered instantly and
> you are only sending a few messages you might get away with this, but
> the problem is you will end up blocking the application from sending
> other messages. What happens if the phone is switched off when you
> send to it? (You app will block until its switched on...)

Practically, making the sendsms CGI interface wait until a response
(either success or fail) from the SMSC is returned would be useful for
multithreaded applications, so they can get instant information about
whether if the message reliably reached to the SMSC or not.

But then, what's the point of having Kannel sitting in the middle? There
are a plethora of libraries that provide easy wrappers to connect to
SMPP or other types of SMSCs, one can just stick to them.
--
.O.
..O   Enver ALTIN                   |   http://enveraltin.com/