On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 08:58 +0000, Ben Suffolk wrote:
> You can (1.4.1-stable) ask smsbox to wait for a response from
> bearerbox, which will give you info on submission. If bearerbox is
> not heavily loaded this is generally submission to the smsc, but can
> be queued.

In some cases involving charging parameters, SMSC may reject a message
and sender application would love to know it. In these cases,
immediate-sendsms-reply = true would not really work.

Yet more, there is another problem. When SMSC rejects a message with a
specific reason and returns an error code, Kannel provides no way of
passing the reason back to the submitting application, even when DLRs
are in use. I think this is a problem, but I don't know how the proper
implementation of the solution would look like. Hmm.
--
.O.
..O   Enver ALTIN                   |   http://enveraltin.com/