This is not bb access log, but smsbox access log. It doesn't prove anyting, except that you have sent twice the same SMS.

BR,
Nikos
----- Original Message ----- From: "dafodil" <neo.tu...@yahoo.com>
To: <users@kannel.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2010 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: kannel performance

Hi Nikkos,
Thanks again for ur time and support.

I wil try with spool and fakesmsc and get back to you.

but as usggested by you i had serious look at the logs and what makes sense
to inform u is bellow findings.

i m sending sms through http  as bellow

http://$kannelHost:$kannelPort/cgi-bin/sendsms?dlr=1&dlr-mask=31&dlr-url=$durl&username=$userName&password=$userPassword&from=$from&to=$to&text=$msg&smsc=putty

where
$userName = "daf";  and $userPassword = "daf";

how ever in bearerbox access.log i see the folowing.for some numbers it adds
send-SMS request added  2 times.and for other only once.

bellow is an example where it is trying 2 times.

2010-10-06 12:13:21 send-SMS request added - sender:daf:daffodil
77.91.205.191 target:351919582869 request: 'kannel is a beautifull world
2010-10-06 12:12:43'

2010-10-06 12:13:21 send-SMS request added - sender:tester:daffodil
77.91.205.230 target:351919582869 request: 'kannel is a beautifull world
2010-10-06 12:12:43'

and u can see my config as bellow

group=sendsms-user

username=daf
password=daf
user-allow-ip= "*.*.*.*"

# SMSC HTTP
group = smsc
smsc = http
msg-id-type=0x01
smsc-id = C
system-type = kannel
smsc-username = tester
smsc-password = foobar
port = 13015
connect-allow-ip = "*.*.*.*"
send-url = "http://daf.com:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms";

# SMSC SMPP
group = smsc
smsc=smpp
smsc-id=putty
host=213.30.43.217
port=7677
transceiver-mode=true
alt-charset="ISO-8859-1"
msg-id-type=0x01
system-type="putty2"
service-type="12664"
address-range=""
max-pending-submits=10
smsc-username="putty"
smsc-password="putty12664"
connect-allow-ip="*.*.*.*"
dest-addr-npi=1
dest-addr-ton=1
flow-control=0
log-file="/var/log/kannel/smsc.log"
log-level=3
wait-ack=120
wait-ack-expire=0x02
throughput=100
window=10
validityperiod = 10

Br
Daf

Nikos Balkanas wrote:

Hi,

1) Test sending 10000 sms using fakesmsc, as to avoid costs. Check storage
status at end.
2) Spool is generally faster and more real-time than file for storage.
Depends on fs parameters.
3) Resubmission is a problem, since it implies that smsc is not sending
ACKs
back. However, since you have specified to wait for an ACK indefinitely,
it
shouldn't resend the same sms again.

I am assuming you are using the SMPP smsc. Try on sending a few SMS (~5),
comment out log-file in smsc group and turn bb logs to maximum detail.
Watch
for anything unusual, especially ACKs. Post relevant portions if you get
any
problems.