From: users [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf Of spameden
Sent: donderdag 14 november 2013 15:44
To: dorin
Cc: users@kannel.org
Subject: Re: Big problem with sqlbox

2013/11/14 dorin <dorinafte...@mail.ru>:
> Thanks spameden  for your reply
>

> "first of all what's the kannel/sqlbox version you're running?"
>
> I'm using kannel - 1.5 and sqlbox - I'm not really sure, I think 0.7;

What's revision you're using? Try using latest revision from SVN.

>  "you might need to tweak some settings. "
>
> Really I had set MyIsam all kannel tables. I have changed from MyIsam
> to InnoDb. Will familiarize soon with MariaDB too. Do you mean only
> these two tweaks?
>
> "check indexes on dlr table as well."I have indexed id column.
>
> Here is my dlr table
> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `kannel_dlr`(
>   `id` INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
>   `smsc` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `ts` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `destination` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `source` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `service` VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
>   `url` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `mask` INT(10) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `status` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `boxc` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
>   `CampaignID` INT(11) NOT NULL,
>   `RelOwnerUserID` INT(11) NOT NULL,
>   `RelOperatorID` INT(11) NOT NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
>   UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`),
>   UNIQUE INDEX UK_oempro_kannel_dlr_id (id)
> ) ENGINE = INNODB DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT = 1;

add an index on smsc and ts:

CREATE INDEX smsc_ts ON dlr (smsc,ts);

when DLR arrives kannel looks for it in dlr table and does a DELETE from dlr
where ts=XXX and smsc=XXXX.

>I have some questions about this problem:
>I run KANNEL under a small VPS, with processor 1Gb and RAM 250Mb this
>may be a problem?
>how much memory needs for KANNEL+SQLBOX well working?

This might be a problem if you have large amounts of messages in a queue.

Ram 256Mb ? that's certainly not enough if you plan to do billions of MTs.
Our VM runs on 3gb of memory.

Also, you need good upstream SMSC uplinks which could handle large amounts
of messages per second. I'd recommend using transciever mode and multiple
connections.

>because sqlbox use tables(kannel_dlr,kannel_sqlbo
>x_send_sms) at the same time with me, may be the cause that I don't use
TRANSACTIONS.
>The best way to modify these tables are to use transactions?

The best way is to use InnoDB over MyISAM because its much faster if tuned
properly and failsafe in case of database corruption.

>If I want to send billions of SMS needs I do some specific changes under
config files?

check throughput and max-pending-submits parameters in User Guide and
contact your smsc operators if you need to tune them properly.