On 08/13/15 16:38, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I still await some identification of where the general rule is
> specified.

Maybe you will wait forever on that question, which wasn't asked until now.
And which I missed as the *not* in the next sentence shows as bold in T-Bird
and it drew my eyes away.

I say I think you will wait forever since it is very possible that particular
question is not addressed in documentation as it very well may be specific to
the context in which it is being used.  Which could be why in the 2 parameters
using it the man page describes the meaning for each.

But, this is getting off topic.  The original question was asked/answered and
now I think this is being taken into the realm of "the documentation is not
good" which, as shown in the past, just leads to an unproductive discussion.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere