On 08/17/15 10:02, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 17/08/15 03:51, g wrote:

>>> .
>>> Yes, I suspect that is happening.  I can resend a third time later if
>>> you are unable to find the messages ...
>>>
>> .
>> what are you doing up this early?
>>
>> yes, please try again. third time may be a charm.
>>   [not holding my breath tho]
> .
> Sent a third time ...

.
third time was not a charm. :-\

at&t has an abuse page related to bounced email that _you_ can use to
get your email address classified as not spam.

go to this page;

  http://rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html

select 'hot link';

  Tools for non AT&T users whose messages have been blocked

which takes you to;

  http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request2.html

fill out form, leave "Error message or Non Delivery" blank, click
on [Submit] button.

<<>>

> It might be interesting to move
> /home/bobg/.thunderbird/6gjqb341.default/Mail
>
> which contains:
>
> Local Folders
> drwxr-xr-x. 2 bobg bobg 4096 Feb  5  2014 localhost
> drwxrwxr-x. 2 bobg bobg 4096 Jul  1  2013 pop.googlemail-1.com
> drwxrwxr-x. 2 bobg bobg 4096 Jul  1  2013 pop.googlemail-2.com
> drwxrwxr-x. 5 bobg bobg 4096 Aug 17 10:51 pop.googlemail.com

.

what is "localhost"?

what happened to "Local Folders"?

> to the NFS server at something like  /mnt/HOME1/tbdata and have a second
> Thunderbird use that in place of /home/bobg/.thunderbird

.
if you link thunderbird folders, it is better to link the email
directories for use by various workstations in case you want to have
access with different os and different version of thunderbird.

what is in *.default should not be used among various thunderbird
versions on various workstations.

> but I have not been able to devise a link that works.
>
> No doubt the wrong approach?

how are you trying to make links, terminal or with file browser?

if i am reading correctly, what to do for thunderbird to link to the
*.default directory, is;

  /home/bobg/.thunderbird/*.default -> /mnt/HOME1/*/*/default/

where "/mnt/HOME1/*/*/default/" is path for the *.default directory
that you use for access by what ever workstation you are on. as long
as all are same os and version. also, note that server directory is,
can be, _default_ and not _.default_ .

then, at "/mnt/HOME1/*/*/default/Mail" directory, you have;

  Local Folders/
  pop.googlemail-1.com/
  pop.googlemail-2.com/
  pop.googlemail.com/
  pop.wildblue.net/

it might be better is you link to "HOME1" email accounts with;

  /home/bobg/.thunderbird/6gjqb341.default/Mail ->
         /mnt/HOME1/thunderbird/email-accounts/

then in the linked */email-accounts/ directory, you put the 3
pop-googlemail* accounts and pop.wildblue.net account and Local Folders.

now if you want to have the 3 gmail accounts where you can move the
email folders where ever you want, you would do this on workstation;

  create a new folder under Local Folders with name "gmail".

then link them in as;

  /home/bobg/.thunderbird/6gjqb341.default/Mail/Local Folders/gmail ->
         /mnt/HOME1/thunderbird/email-accounts/

so that you would have on your workstation in your

   /home/bobg/.thunderbird/6gjqb341.default/Mail/

these directories;

   pop.wildblue.net
   Local Folders

*NOTE* that the pop.wildblue.net is on workstation, not on server.

if you want _all_ your workstations to have common email access, then
pop.wildblue.net and Local Folders would be in the;

   /mnt/HOME1/thunderbird/email-accounts/

directory.

do you follow how you can link email folders now or did i confuse you?

on this system, in /home/geo directory, i have directories;

   .thunderbird
   .thunderbird-00-hold
   .thunderbird-2015-0624-1646
   .thunderbird-2015-0624-1733
   .thunderbird-2015-0709-2101
   .thunderbird-2015-0814-0350
   .thunderbird-email/Mail

where;

   .thunderbird-00-hold is for holding what ever for thunderbird
   .thunderbird-2015-* are time stamped backup copies of .thunderbird

   .thunderbird-email/Mail is linked to from ~/.thunderbird/*.default/Mail

this way, i make backups of thunderbird profile directory without all of
the email directories.

i do same for ~/.kde and ~/.mozilla

later.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.