On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No tutorial, but if you use the liveusb-creator to transfer the
> livecd image to a usb stick, it has an option to create persistent
> storage, then when you boot the usb stick the first time,
> you just "dnf install" whatever is missing, and it hangs around.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I choose to stop using so-called "persistent storage"
because it eventually goes FUBAR. Something about the loop device if I
remember correctly. The issue being that all is well until you fill up all
available storage space. Then the "persistent storage" partition becomes
"damaged" and unmountable. I lost quite a few folders full of work that
way, that's when I decided that was useless.

In fact if you google "loopback device persistent storage" and have
autocomplete enabled, the next word that comes up after you type a space is
"corrupted".

http://askubuntu.com/questions/18466/how-can-i-repair-casper-rw-file-system-file-in-liveusb

Maybe it'd be time for the so-called "persistent storage" to be F2FS based
rather than loopback?

Now *there's* an idea!
FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell