On 07/26/2016 02:07 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/25/2016 11:19 PM, Tim wrote:
>>
>> I'm still not convinced a PC clock is deliberately designed to run slow.
>> My experience with flattening BIOS batteries has been peculiar hardware
>> behaviour, can't say that I've noticed the time going skew whiff.
>
> Don't forget that most PCs are always online, and adjusting their clocks
> from the various time servers.  Mostly, today, you'd see the clock error
> after the computer's been turned off for a while, or at least off-line.
>   Back when most computers were only online occasionally, if at all, it
> was more obvious.

--->

you sure about that?

brain is a little cloudy right now, and recall is not supplying file
names, but linux and unix use their own time keeping routine.

routine counts from 'day 1' and iirc, there are 2 or 3 files, in /etc,
that are used to make corrections to the time keeping routine. one of
them is name 'adjtime'. do not recall others.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=