On 18/02/2017 15:34, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 02/18/17 13:23, Ed Greshko wrote:
It is more than likely that there is a problem with the config file.  As
I noted in the BZ your config file seems incomplete.
Actually, taking a closer look at the config file it seems it may be
complete.

The question I would have is, where have you placed
xxxx-fw-1-udp-34447-ca.crt and xxxx-fw-1-udp-34447-tls.key.

I have had problems when placing certs in non-standard locations as this
can result in selinux errors resulting in unsuccessful connections.
Hi Ed,
I'm using the Slickvpn provider for my vpn, which also uses Openvpn. Under windows they provide a client which make connecting to any of their servers, and changing between servers, and auto switching between servers, child's play. They don't provide a client for linux but instead their web site provides a link to instructions on how to set up Openvpn under Linux, but it is aimed directly at Ubuntu. In order to get the vpn to work I had to download a crt file that was configured for their server in Singapore (as being the closest location to me), but there was no keyfile. When I downloaded the .crt file I stored that file in my downloads directory, and then in the vpn definition in networkmanager I pointed the 'CA Certificates' option to the .crt file in my downloaded location. Given you comments above, is that not how I should be setting things up? As a side issue to this, which may be the provider I am using, when I use the vpn my network performance goes through the floor. I have spoken to the provider about it and they suggested I try a couple of server in the US, but their performance is worse. I get the same issue under both Linux and Windows. The provider recommends that I not use their servers in Australia because network costs are so expensive. Do you notice similar performance issues with your setup, and if not, how do I identify whether it is a provider issue or my setup?

regards,
Steve