On 12/18/17 06:53, Temlakos wrote:
> On 12/17/2017 05:49 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 12/18/17 06:14, Temlakos wrote:
>>> I wonder: am I the first here to build a system with all SDD drives? Or has
>>> any
>>> other subscriber to this list done that?
>>
>> Hah, Hah, nope....    Been running one like that for several months now.
>> Half done
>> with switching another over to only SDD.  Will finish as soon as I find the
>> time.
>>

> We should compare notes, then. Did you install your system on one big SSD? Or
> did
> you install on one smaller system SSD for the "system" and a larger SSD for
> user
> data, as I am trying to do? And has your system improved in performance?

There was a online sale and the price per bit was attractive so I'm only using
525GB
drives.  Yes, to make things easier for me /home is on its own drive.  For added
space and for things that I'm not concerned about r/w performance (pictures,
mp3,
etc.) I NFS mount directories in the user's space from a 3TB NAS.

Yes, performance has improved.  I really didn't do a comprehensive analysis.
But for
some I/O intensive things that I do I found things completing about 40%~50%
faster.

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly