On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 6:22 AM, Tim via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> wrote:
[snip]

>    2. Laboriously go into the edit menu (at the top of the window,
>       presuming you're not using a desktop manager that has removed the
>       feature), and pick PASTE from the EDIT menu.
>
> It'd be nice if you could simply add CUT, COPY and PASTE icons into the
> file browser's toolbar, to quickly do those *very* common functions.

The problem is that I'm using stock F28 with default Gnome 3 and, as it can
be seen from my screenshot, there is no "PASTE" option in the menu (what
exposed clicking the 3 horizontal lines icon):
I only have:
- new folder and new tab buttons (+ "bookmark this location" button that is
grayed out)
- zoom in/out buttons
- undo and redo buttons that are grayed out
- Visible Columns...
- "show hidden files" checkbox
- Reload

So your hint and gnome documentation for which I provided the link seem not
accurate, or Fedora 28 has done some customization to the menu of "Files"
application

Gianluca