On 2020-11-11 12:33, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 11/11/20 11:44 AM, Tim via users wrote:
I'm in the same boat - tinnitus and can't hear anything above 15kHz,
beyond the squeal of the horizontal output stages of old CRT TV sets.

Me too, except that I have an artillery notch in my hearing caused by too much "outbound" on the Gun Line back in '72.  Slept in the forward berthing compartment, one deck down and about 40 feet back from the gun mount.  Woke up one morning to find out I'd slept through a forty round bombardment from the ship's 5"/54.  Around 2004 or so, I found out about the hearing loss and tinnitus; the notch isn't bad enough for compensation, just free hearing aids but the tinnitus is 10%, the highest allowed for that.

A quick and dirty hearing test:

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/