On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 09:52:47PM +0530, Sreyan Chakravarty wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 9:47 PM Jonathan Billings <billi...@negate.org>
> wrote:
>

> > You are seeing gnome-shell launched as part of the gnome-session
> > package, which are probably both installed.
> >
> > 'dnf remove @gnome-desktop' doesn't remove gnome-session or
> > gnome-shell packages.  Group remove only removes packages that don't
> > already belong to another dnf group or weren't installed explicitly by
> > the user (the latter of which is probably happened in anaconda).
> >

> So if I wanted to remove GNOME for good, how would I do that ?

If you are using Fedora Workstation, you can't.  gnome-shell is a
protected package, and the definition of that is defined by the
fedora-release-identity-workstation package.

If you replace that with fedora-release-identity-kde, you'd probably
have better luck.

--
Jonathan Billings <billi...@negate.org>