On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 13:19, Francisco Tissera <audiogamer2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Ed,
>

> I found another way, really randomly: I just needed to add myself to the
> groups brlapi and brltty, which i did already, but didn't work, but now it
> does, maybe because i added myself to brltty as well, thanks for everything.

Glad it is working.  I'm not sure how dnf would be able to add a user to
those groups or flag the need to do that.   There are other systems that
create groups and it is up to the "administrator" to add the appropriate
users to the appropriate groups.
There is an opportunity to assign users to groups when creating a user
account, but if the user is also the administrator the groups won't have
been created with a normal install.  Ideally there would be an installer
for blind users, but the variety of use cases is (using braille or speech,
different levels of vision, different assistive devices).  Kickstart is
used to automate installations so could be useful once you know which
packages are needed.

--
George N. White III