> Am 08.02.2022 um 12:11 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallag...@gmail.com>:
>
> On Tue, 2022-02-08 at 16:48 +1030, Tim via users wrote:
>> You may actually want hard size limits on different partitions.
>
> You can still have this with subvolumes. See btrfs-quota(8).

Yes, a sentence beginning with „You can have this with ….“ is probably true for
every IT topic.

The question is rather whether you can realistically have it in everyday
practice.

Workstation WG made BTRFS default with F33. Even now with F35 one year later,
where is easily accessible documentation for a user who wants to install
Workstation? Neither the current Installation Guide nor the Administrator's
Guide give any information about how to handle BTFRS. The complete text is up
to date with Fedora 25 or perhaps a bit later, only minimally updated to
subsequent versions.

And I see no Workstation doc listet on docs.fp.o, unlike the other Fedora
editions, again, after a year.

And is there an adapted installation step in Anaconda to expose an option to
set a max. limit (e.g. like to handle the root login - deactivated, key only, .
. .) and probably some other valuable capabilities? I can’t remember to have
seen something like that.

Therefore, a user is dependent on clear and informative terminology. And, well,
sub-„volume“ after 32 Fedora releases has a specific meaning.

(And that is one of my issues with those „missionaries“ who fight about their
principles, but don’t care about their flock)

Peter