On 13Feb2022 12:58, c. marlow <fed...@cwm030.com> wrote:
>How do you do that? When I tried IMAP, on this sat dish connection,
>here in Claws, Claws slowly loaded the whole inbox and displayed
>everything in the inbox.

Ah, satellite land. Me too! >600ms ping times, best case (for
geostationary).  However, throughput can be ok, you just need to drive
it well. That's what drove me to write my pop3 tool - things like
ftechmail and getmail do synchronous fetch/delete steps per message. My
tool stremas the fetches and also the deletes. Full speed throughput
after the login step. Even over a 4G link it is far faster than getmail.

>And every time I switched folders it took it a min to display everything
>in that folder.

The downside of serverside email, writ large. This is one of the reasons
I like my email local. My filing system forwards "important" things to a
distinct mailbox for my phone to access if I want an "in the cloud"
copy.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>