On 02/01/2013 04:33 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
The evidence is to the contrary.  They have supported the framework that
made these extensions possible in the first place and they certainly
made some efforts to define the API better to avoid breakages.

I sit corrected, then. However, I've been told several times that the Gnome devs had warned people that they'd make no effort to avoid breaking extensions and hadn't heard otherwise. I wonder what made them change their attitude. I'm not going to guess, but I am happy to hear that they've changed their minds. Still, I'm not very happy with Xfce, TYVM, and have no desire to go back.