On 4/12/2013 3:15 AM, Steve Searle wrote:
Around 11:09am on Friday, April 12, 2013 (UK time), Mike Dwiggins scrawled:

My problem is that I am trying to sell my Boss on Fedora!  He refuses to
let us use CentOS or to pay for RHEL ( Yes cheapskate). But if I can
show some comparison to RHEL I can sell him on Fedora.

My whole shop run home servers and we all use Fedora.  We just need
something from somewhere to convince him!
I would think it madness to use Fedora in a commercial activity, the
upgrade cycle is to frequent and the risks of failure due to the
"bleeding edge" to great. What advantage do you think Fedora would give
you over whatever you currently use.

If you can't convince him to use RHEL/CentOS then I think it wrong to
convince him Fedora would be better.

Obviously I have know knowledge of your actual business.

Steve
That is a justified concern however in our case we finally have seen him get fed up with the Wndoze environment and the cost it causes. We have him ready to try a solution that can run everything we need on our two new sever grade machines and avoid the physical update cycle on the other five!

We are a small to medium Network Engineering shop so I really have no problem with "Dumb" users except for the clerks in Admin and Finance.

It is fully our intent that once we get him hooked on Linux to move over to RHEL!

I have no problem with the late shift (no clerks) doing the update cycle!

Thanks

Mike D.