On 4/12/2013 3:40 AM, James Hogarth wrote:

    That is a justified concern however in our case we finally have
    seen him get fed up with the Wndoze environment and the cost it
    causes.  We have him ready to try a solution that can run
    everything we need on our two new sever grade machines and avoid
    the physical update cycle on the other five!

    We are a small to medium Network Engineering shop so I really have
    no problem with "Dumb" users except for the clerks in Admin and
    Finance.

    It is fully our intent that once we get him hooked on Linux to
    move over to RHEL!

    I have no problem with the late shift (no clerks) doing the update
    cycle!

The correct answer for this is CentOS6 if you can't pay RHEL licensing then (or Ubuntu LTS but given this a Fedora mailing list...)

*Do not use F16* ... I cannot make this any clearer.

Agreed, The plan is to start him on F17, unless of course I can convince him to go with F18! My home machines are still on F14 but, I have a test server running F18 and it so far looks solid! As a point of fact I sent this e-mail off of it!

Mike D.