Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus <arad...@gmail.com> writes:

> Well I don't know what do you need exactly, but in my own experience, the
> best way for configure a document right and get it in pdf is to compose it
> with LaTeX, but if you're not familiarised with it perhaps will be better
> to use Scribus or if you onle need a couple of sheets, with inkscape or
> gimp will be enough.

Like I said, tables that may go over several pages are a pita with
LaTeX.  There are some packages to handle them, and the ones I tried
failed miserably.  If that was working, the output would look a lot
better.

The files are created and maintained with perl scripts and some manual
intervention, and messing with many (i. e. 30--150) files manually in
Scribus or gimp is not an option.  Inkscape is for drawings, it seems

Fedora 18