HI

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 6:56 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I'm not quite clear why you would want to run virtual machines on a server?
> To me, the basic requirement for a server is that it should provide
> the services that are required by laptops, phones and other machines.

VM's on a server have increasingly become the norm including in Fedora
infrastructure.  It makes deploying instances much more manageable in many
use cases.

> One reason for running CentOS on servers in my case
> is that the CentOS team seem to put reliability and stability
> at the top of their priorities,
> while when problems arise under Fedora one always hears the response
> that Fedora is a "bleeding edge" project.

CentOS is rebuilding RHEL.  The priorities you attribute to them are RHEL
attributes.  Neverthless it helps to keep in mind that different people
have needs other than yours and I wouldn't call them irrational without
understanding why they do what they do.

Rahul