On 10/28/2014 07:26 AM, Tim wrote:

If a new user is going to ask a support question of someone, or their
ISP, which Linux distro do you think they're most likely to get an
answer about?

That one "you" are best familiar with? I mean, if you installed the OS/distro for a user, this user's first point of contact will be "you".

Also, provided what the OP said, I doubt any "internet help" would be of use or even be "comprehensible" to his user ("the lady").

In that sense, I would not choose the OS the "public" is recommending, but would choose to install the OS, which I think would cater the "user's" demands and which I feel sufficiently experienced to be able to answer questions on rsp. I feel able to step-in "in case".

Ralf