On 18222 - I think ctypes will drive some changes to our buffer support
making it more real.  Right now it's close to useless :)  There is some
way for us to make types marshalable via COM ourselves so I think
we'll be able to fix it eventually.  I'm surprised that it's more of
a problem than 18223 though.