Works now. Appears you have to have pkg-config in your path even though the Nant user manual pages on their website don't mention anything about that. The Mono installer put links to about everything in my /usr/bin folder but not to that one. I didn't think anything of it since I (mistakenly) assumed if you wanted to use nant everything you needed would work since it's installed right along with everything else. Anyhow, that's why running it manually worked just fine but running it in build scripts didn't work on either of our OS X computers. Hope this helps anyone else in the future that isn't very used to troubleshooting things on a *nix system. :-)

Thank you,
Ron