From:   Koun SHIRAI [mailto:k...@sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp]
Sent:   Thursday, April 24, 2008 08:09 AM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Open MPI Users
Subject:        [OMPI users] install intel mac with Laopard

  Dear Sir:

I think that this problem must be solved, and maybe some information
should be given in the archives.  But, I miss the right answer in my
searching area, so please allow me to repeat.

I tried to install openmpi-1.2.5 to a new xserve (Xeon) with Leopard.
Intel compiler is used for Fortran.

My options for configure was
CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0
CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0
F77=ifort
along with
--with-rsh="ssh -x" --enable-shared --without-cs-fs --without-memory-
manager

Then, I saw an error message.  This says

checking if C and Fortran 77 are link compatible... no
* It appears that your Fortran 77 compiler is unable to link against
* object files created by your C compiler.  This generally indicates
* either a conflict between the options specified in CFLAGS and FFLAGS
* or a problem with the local compiler installation.  More
* information (including exactly what command was given to the
* compilers and what error resulted when the commands were executed) is
* available in the config.log file in this directory.
configure: error: C and Fortran 77 compilers are not link compatible.
Can not continue.

I suppose that the problem is the default selection for the
architecture (32 or 64 bit).  I don't know the correct options.  Of
course, I like to use 64-bit architecture as far as it works.

Best regard,

Koun SHIRAI
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Center
ISIR, Osaka University