Thanks for the tip!

I downloaded and tried the qt_tools but all conversions that I did to the MP4 format looked absolutely horrid -- the resulting videos had "jagged" images and all kinds of weird artifacts that would appear and disappear. The slides were quite readable, but they just looked "bad".

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Perhaps I need to record them differently so that they can be converted to both .mov and .mp4 nicely at the end...?