We need to see that command line from *inside a Torque* job. That's the only place where those PBS_* environment variables will exists -- OMPI's mpirun should be seeing these environment variables (when inside a Torque job) and then reacting to them by using the Torque native launcher, etc.

Just to be sure: you are launching OMPI's "mpirun" inside your Torque job, correct?