On Sep 29, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Zhiliang Hu wrote:

How you run that command line from *inside a Torque* job?

-- I am only a poor biologist, reading through the manuals/tutorials but still don't have good clues... (thanks in advance ;-)

Ah, gotcha.

I'm guessing that you're running OMPI outside of a Torque job, and that's why it's running entirely on a single machine (or on the machines where you listed in a hostfile).

You need to run your Open MPI job inside the Torque job that you submit; OMPI should then detect that it is inside a Torque job and automatically use the hosts that have been allocated by Torque.

You probably want to consult your local sysadmin / cluster admin to help you get Torque setup in your account, show you how to submit job scripts, etc. (the specific instructions for how to use Torque can vary from site to site and are a bit outside the scope of this list).

Good luck!

Cisco Systems