Hi Anugraha Sankaranarayananand list

Most likely your default mpicc is not the OpenMPI  one that you want to use.
Linux distributions and many commercial compilers come with a variety of
versions of MPI, which may take precedence in your path.
This confusion happens all the time.

I suggest you use full path name for compilation, e.g:

/my/full/path/to/openmpi/bin/mpicc sample.c -o sample

Likewise, use full path name to mpirun/mpiexec when you run the executable, e.g.:

/my/full/path/to/openmpi/bin/mpiexec -n 2 sample

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa

Gustavo J. Ponce Correa, PhD - Email: g...@ldeo.columbia.edu
P.O. Box 1000 [61 Route 9W] - Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA

Anugraha Sankaranarayanan wrote:

Thank you, everyone.I have successfully installed the openmpi pkg in
my ubuntu hardy heron for gcc( HP Compaq Dual-core notebook) following
the instructions in the FAQ page.I still need to install the
libopenmpi-dev header file pkg.Will come back after doing that.

Anugraha.S

I've installed the libopenmpi-dev and also openmpi-bin.I tried to compile a sample program and am getting this error,
atom@atom-laptop:~$ mpicc sample.c -o sample
sample.c:2:17: error: ompi.h: No such file or directory
sample.c: In function 'main':
sample.c:7: error: 'mpi_comm_world' undeclared (first use in this function)
sample.c:7: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sample.c:7: error: for each function it appears in.)

Am I using the wrong header file? I tried ompic.h too, but the same error.What do i have to do?

Thanking in advance,
S.Anugraha.