On Nov 10, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Oleg V. Zhylin wrote:

I would like to to build OpenMPI from openmpi-1.2.8-1.src.rpm. I've tried plain rpmbuild and rpmbuild ... --define 'build_all_in_one_rpm 1' but resulting rpm doesn't conain any *.a libraries.

Right -- OMPI builds shared libraries by default.

I think this is a problem because I've straced mpif90 and discovered that ld invoked from gfortran only looks for libmpi_f90.a in response to -lmpi_f90 inroduced by mpif90.

Really? That's odd -- our mpif90 simply links against -lmpi_f90, not specifically .a or .so. You can run "mpif90 --showme" to see the command that our wrapper *would* execute. You can also tweak the flags that OMPI passes to the wrapper compilers; see this FAQ entry:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#override-wrappers-after-v1.0

Cisco Systems