Pavel Shamis (Pasha) wrote:
Biagio Lucini wrote:
Hello,

I am new to this list, where I hope to find a solution for a problem
that I have been having for quite a longtime.

I run various versions of openmpi (from 1.1.2 to 1.2.8) on a cluster
with Infiniband interconnects that I use and administer at the same
time. The openfabric stac is OFED-1.2.5, the compilers gcc 4.2 and
Intel. The queue manager is SGE 6.0u8.
Do you use OpenMPI version that is included in OFED ? Did you was able
to run basic OFED/OMPI tests/benchmarks between two nodes ?

Hi,

yes to both questions: the OMPI version is the one that comes with OFED (1.1.2-1) and the basic tests run fine. For instance, IMB-MPI1 (which is more than basic, as far as I can see) reports for the last test:

#---------------------------------------------------
# Benchmarking Barrier
# #processes = 6
#---------------------------------------------------
 #repetitions  t_min[usec]  t_max[usec]  t_avg[usec]
         1000        22.93        22.95        22.94

for the openib,self btl (6 processes, all processes on different nodes)
and

#---------------------------------------------------
# Benchmarking Barrier
# #processes = 6
#---------------------------------------------------
 #repetitions  t_min[usec]  t_max[usec]  t_avg[usec]
         1000       191.30       191.42       191.34

for the tcp,self btl (same test)

No anomalies for other tests (ping-pong, all-to-all etc.)

Thanks,
Biagio

Dr. Biagio Lucini
Department of Physics, Swansea University
Singleton Park, SA2 8PP Swansea (UK)
Tel. +44 (0)1792 602284