Hi!

Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Feb 23, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Olaf Lenz wrote:
Good idea. How about a compromise -- I'll change the "Bug tracking" link on the ompi web site to point to an intermediate page on the ompi web site itself with some explanation text and links to both the "getting help" page and the final link on to Trac.

This looks better to me.

I think it would be also sufficient to place a short text and link to the Trac page, so that the developers that want to use the "Bug Tracking" link to get to Trac do not have to click once more, but if this is OK for you, then it's fine.

Another option would be to simply give the link a less alluring name, like "Trac Bug Tracking System" or "Issue Tracker", or just "Trac".

Should bugs really be reported directly to the developer's list (as stated in 1. on the new page)? Or to the user's mailing list if they are not sure that it is a bug?

Olaf