Hi Ankush

Ankush Kaul wrote:
Also how can i find out where are my mpi libraries and include directories?

If you configured OpenMPI with --prefix=/some/dir they are
in /some/dir/lib and /some/dir/include,
whereas the executables (mpicc, mpiexec, etc) are in /some/dir/bin.
Otherwise OpenMPI defaults to /usr/local.

However, the preferred way to compile OpenMPI programs is to use the
OpenMPI wrappers (e.g. mpicc), and in this case you don't need to
specify the lib and include directories at all.

If you have many MPI flavors in your computers, use full path names
to avoid confusion (or carefully set the OpenMPI bin path ahead of any other).

The Linux command "locate" helps find things (e.g. "locate mpi.h").
You may need to update the location database
before using it with "updatedb".

I hope this helps.

Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa