Ankush Kaul wrote:

let me describe what i want to do.

i had taken linux clustering as my final year engineering project as i m really iintrested in 0networking.

to tell de truth our college does not have any professor with knowledge of clustering.

the aim of our project was just to make a cluster, which we did. not we have to show and explain our project to the professors. so i want somethin to show them how de cluster works... some program or benchmarking s/w.

When you download Open MPI software, I guess there is an examples subdirectory. Maybe the example codes there would suffice to illustrate message passing to someone who is not familiar with it.

HPL (and the HPC Challenge test suite, which includes HPL) may involve a little bit of wrestling, but you're probably best off there wading through their README files, including following their advice about what to do if you encounter problems.