I have to say this is a very common issue for our users.  They repeatedly
report the long Open MPI MPI_Abort() message in help queries and fail to
look for the application error message about the root cause.  A short
MPI_Abort() message that said "look elsewhere for the real error message"
would be useful.

Cheers,
David