Indeed, the small paragraph can be misunderstood, but that wasn't the goal of
my question.

The fact is that the message can appear in the middle of logs, which means
post-treatments of outputs even if the end of the program is normal (the
worflow does not end by a join node). I just want to be able to get rid of
the message, maybe with a special option -- or no message by default, and the
message appears when mpirun is invocated with a special debug option?

.Yves.

Le Thursday 01 April 2010 00:33:58 David Singleton, vous avez écrit :
> Yes, Dick has isolated the issue - novice users often believe Open MPI
> (not their application) had a problem.  Anything along the lines he
> suggests can only help.
>
> David
>
> On 04/01/2010 01:12 AM, Richard Treumann wrote:
> > I do not know what the OpenMPI message looks like or why people want to
> > hide it. It should be phrased to avoid any implication of a problem with
> > OpenMPI itself.
> >
> > How about something like this which:
> >
> > "The application has called MPI_Abort. The application is terminated by
> > OpenMPI as the application demanded"
> >

> > Dick Treumann  -  MPI Team
> > IBM Systems&  Technology Group
> > Dept X2ZA / MS P963 -- 2455 South Road -- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
> > Tele (845) 433-7846         Fax (845) 433-8363
> >

> >    From:       "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)"<jsquy...@cisco.com>
> >
> >    To:<david.single...@anu.edu.au>,<us...@open-mpi.org>
> >
> >    Date:       03/31/2010 06:43 AM
> >
> >    Subject:    Re: [OMPI users] Hide Abort output
> >
> >    Sent by:    users-boun...@open-mpi.org
> >

> > At present there is no such feature, but it should not be hard to add.
> >
> > Can you guys be a little more specific about exactly what you are seeing
> > and exactly what you want to see?  (And what version you're working with
> > - I'll caveat my discussion that this may be a 1.5-and-forward thing)
> >
> > -jms
> > Sent from my PDA.  No type good.

Yves Caniou
Associate Professor at Université Lyon 1,
Member of the team project INRIA GRAAL in the LIP ENS-Lyon,
Délégation CNRS in Japan French Laboratory of Informatics (JFLI),
  * in Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo,
    2-11-16 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8658, Japan
    tel: +81-3-5841-0540
  * in National Institute of Informatics
    2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8430, Japan
    tel: +81-3-4212-2412
http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ycaniou/