Hi Jody -

Thanks for the reply.  is there a way of "fusing" intercommunicators?
Let's say I have a higher level node scheduler, and it makes a new
node available to a COMM that is already running.  So the master
spawns another process for that node.  How can the new process
communicate with the other already started processes?

Also, how can you specify with MPI_Comm_spawn/multiple() how do you
specify IP addresses on which to start the processes?

If my higher level node scheduler needs to take away a process from my
COMM, is it good/bad for that node to call MPI_Finalize as it exits?

I would prefer not to use any of the MPI command-line utilities
(mpirun/mpiexec) if that's possible.

Thanks,
  Brian