Ralph Castain <rhc <at> open-mpi.org> writes:

> This has come up before - I would suggest doing a quick search of "ec2" on our
user list. Here is one solution:
> On Jun 14, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Barnet Wagman wrote:I've put together a simple
system for running OMPI on EC2 (Amazon's cloud computing service).  If you're
interested, see

> http://norbl.com/ppe-ompi.html

I have tried little bit more:

I have set the MCA parameters as follows:
mpirun -np 1 --mca btl tcp,self --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude lo,eth0 -hostfile
hostinfo nbs-client -bynode

But still failed and got the following error:

Permission denied (publickey).
A daemon (pid 24744) died unexpectedly with status 255 while attempting
to launch so we are aborting.

There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).

This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed shared
libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the
location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
mpirun: clean termination accomplished

I dont understand the "Permission denied (publickey)" error. I access the EC2
instance using password-less ssh as follows:

ssh ubuntu <at> ec2-67-202-**-***.compute-1.amazonaws.com

So, what went wrong?

hostinfo file is:

[jmulerik <at> jaison Client]$ cat hostinfo
localhost
ubuntu <at> ec2-67-202-48-118.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Jaison