Hi Dave,

I looked through the INSTALL, VERSION, NEWS, and README files in the 1.5.4 openmpi tarball but didn't see what you were referring to. Are you suggesting that I launch mpirun similar to this?

   mpirun -mca plm ^rshd ...?

What I meant by "the same parallel environment setup" was that the PE in SGE was defined the same way:

$ qconf -sp orte
pe_name            orte
slots              9999
user_lists         NONE
xuser_lists        NONE
start_proc_args    /bin/true
stop_proc_args     /bin/true
allocation_rule    $round_robin
control_slaves     TRUE
job_is_first_task  FALSE
urgency_slots      min
accounting_summary FALSE

Even though I have RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 nodes in the same cluster they never run the same MPI job; it's always either all RHEL 5 nodes or all RHEL 6.

--
Brian McNally