Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion, adding "-mca plm ^rshd" did force mpirun to spawn things via qrsh rather than SSH. My problem is solved!

--
Brian McNally

On 02/16/2012 03:05 AM, Dave Love wrote:
Brian McNally<bmcna...@uw.edu>  writes:

Hi Dave,

I looked through the INSTALL, VERSION, NEWS, and README files in the
1.5.4 openmpi tarball but didn't see what you were referring to.

I can't access the web site, but there's an item in the notes on the
download page about the bug.  It must also be in the mail archive in a
thread with me included.

Are
you suggesting that I launch mpirun similar to this?

    mpirun -mca plm ^rshd ...?

Yes, or put it in openmpi-mca-params.conf.  It's harmless with 1.4.

What I meant by "the same parallel environment setup" was that the PE
in SGE was defined the same way:

$ qconf -sp orte
pe_name            orte
slots              9999
user_lists         NONE
xuser_lists        NONE
start_proc_args    /bin/true
stop_proc_args     /bin/true
allocation_rule    $round_robin
control_slaves     TRUE
job_is_first_task  FALSE
urgency_slots      min
accounting_summary FALSE

Even though I have RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 nodes in the same cluster they
never run the same MPI job; it's always either all RHEL 5 nodes or all
RHEL 6.

OK.  (I'd expect a separate PE for each node set to enforce that.)