No.  I am looking for a user-callable function that will return information
about the running OpenMPI MPMD program from within the running program---the
information listed below in (1) -- (3).

From: users-boun...@open-mpi.org [users-boun...@open-mpi.org] on behalf of
Ralph Castain [r...@open-mpi.org]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 11:15 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] User Interface for MPMD

I'm actually not sure I understand the question - are you talking about a
programmatic API where an application wants to spawn an MPI program? Or an
inter-program communication API that wants to tell another program some
information? Or an API by which the app can tell MPI "I'm going to spawn N
threads"? Or...?