Am 11.11.2014 um 16:13 schrieb Ralph Castain:

> This clearly displays the problem - if you look at the reported “allocated
> nodes”, you see that we only got one node (cn6050). This is why we mapped all
> your procs onto that node.
>
> So the real question is - why? Can you show us the content of PE_HOSTFILE?
>

>> On Nov 11, 2014, at 4:51 AM, SLIM H.A. <h.a.s...@durham.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Reuti and Ralph
>>
>> Below is the output of the run for openmpi 1.8.3 with this line
>>
>> mpirun -np $NSLOTS --display-map --display-allocation --cpus-per-proc 1 $exe
>>

>> master=cn6050
>> PE=orte
>> JOB_ID=2482923
>> Got 32 slots.
>> slots:
>> cn6050 16 par6.q@cn6050 <NULL>
>> cn6045 16 par6.q@cn6045 <NULL>

The above looks like the PE_HOSTFILE. So it should be 16 slots per node.

I wonder whether any environment variable was reset, which normally allows Open
MPI to discover that it's running inside SGE.

I.e. SGE_ROOT, JOB_ID, ARC and PE_HOSTFILE are untouched before the job starts?

Supplying "-np $NSLOTS" shouldn't be necessary though.

-- Reuti