> On Nov 12, 2014, at 7:15 AM, Dave Love <d.l...@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> writes:
>
>> You might also add the —display-allocation flag to mpirun so we can
>> see what it thinks the allocation looks like. If there are only 16
>> slots on the node, it seems odd that OMPI would assign 32 procs to it
>> unless it thinks there is only 1 node in the job, and oversubscription
>> is allowed (which it won’t be by default if it read the GE allocation)
>
> I think there's a problem with documentation at least not being
> explicit, and it would really help to have it clarified unless I'm
> missing some.

Not quite sure I understand this comment - the problem is that we aren’t
correctly reading the allocation, as evidenced by when the user ran with
—display-allocation. From what we can see, it looks like the PE_HOSTFILE may be
containing some unexpected characters that make us think we hit EOF at the end
of the first line, thus ignoring the second node.