From: users <users-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> on behalf of Gilles Gouaillardet
via users <users@lists.open-mpi.org>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2022 5:56 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Cc: Gilles Gouaillardet
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Intercommunicator issue (any standard about
communicator?)

Guillaume,

what do you mean by (the intercommunicators are all negative"?

Cheers,

Gilles

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 4:23 PM Guillaume De Nayer via users
<users@lists.open-mpi.org<mailto:users@lists.open-mpi.org>> wrote:
Hi,

I am new on this list. Let me introduce myself shortly: I am a
researcher in fluid mechanics. In this context I am using softwares
related on MPI.

I am facing a problem:
- 3 programs forms a computational framework. Soft1 is a coupling
program, i.e., it opens an MPI port at the beginning. Soft2 and Soft3
are clients, which connect to the coupling program using MPI_Comm_connect.
- After the start and the connections of Soft2 and Soft3 with Soft1, it
hangs.

I started to debug this issue and as usual I found another issue (or
perhaps it is not an issue):
- The intercommunicators I get between Soft1-Soft2 and Soft1-Soft3 are
all negative (running on CentOS 7 with infiniband Mellanox OFED driver).
- Is there some standard about communicator? I don't find anything about
this topic.
- What is a valid communicator, intercommunicator?

thx a lot
Regards
Guillaume