On 06/24/2022 01:38 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) via users wrote:
> Guillaume --
>
> There is an MPI Standard document that you can obtain from mpi-forum.org.
> Open MPI v4.x adheres to MPI version 3.1 (the latest version of the MPI
> standard is v4.0, but that is unrelated to Open MPI's version number).

I already downloaded it. But I did not find rules on the value of a
communicator (I admit I did not read all the 1200 pages carefully...).

- The communicator has to be an integer and that's all? Can it be
positive or negative?
- It is initialized to MPI_COMM_NULL, which is invalid. Then, after
connect/accept it got a value and become valid.

> Frankly, Open MPI's support of the dynamic API functionality
> (connect/accept/etc.) has always been a bit shaky; they have been tested to
> work in very, very specific conditions, and not made super robust to work in
> many different / generalized cases.  Is there a chance you can orient your
> app to not use the MPI dynamic APIs?

ok.

Thx for your reply.
Regards